The Art of Fashion

Velvet by Graham & Spencer Now on Promotion at Purr

If I roll back the clock three years when I was still living in London and the weather was freezing, I would seek refuge in places like Harvey Nicks, where I would browse for hours, forgetting about the cold and only emerging when it was pitch dark out thereby justifying getting a taxi home, rather than the damp and steaming tube.
Anyhoo, it was round about that time when I became conscious of a new brand called Graham & Spencer and fell in love. With the delicious easy yet luxe fabrics. With the trend-heavy angle that was unique and simple and clean.
I never had time to save up for anything before I arrived on the sunny shores of South Africa, but soon became aware that G&S had launched a diffusion line, more casual and basic, called Velvet. All Southern Californian easy style, perfect for living by a beach — or just taking a holiday to one.
The delightfully small but perfectly formed store Purr, based at the Lifestyle Centre in Kloof Street, CT stocks Velvet pieces and have recently taken delivery of their famous ‘day-to-night’ dresses. In celebration of Velvet’s arrival, they are offering a complimentary Velvet tee to clients who purchase a Velvet dress while stocks last. Get there now!
Idle Talk: