The Art of Fashion

Sylvie Says "I'm Sorry" and Gives You The Gift of The Smoky Eye
Right, so first, I ask forgiveness... While I have been swanning about smiling and waving, suffering death-by-canape and generally wrapping up the year I've left you the blog readers most awfully in the lurch...
A catch up.
* I love our new Miss SA Bokang Montjane
* I am completely obsessed with Kate Middleton – who bears an uncanny resemblance to Audrina ‘Ceiling Eyes’ Partridge, don't you think? (in a good way)
* And I just cant feel the love for Carey Mulligan’s face to rival the outpouring of desire for her wardrobe. Sorry.
* I cant wait to see Black Swan and have rekindled my love affair with ballet, in its honour, by enrolling at a local ballet school which teaches the Vaganova Technique. So fancy.
But, far more importantly here is, my Christmas gift to you:
THE SMOKY EYE
I know – you can send gifts later honestly this is the most ridiculously most asked about make up look. EVER.
1. Rim lash line top and bottom, inside and out with a soft pencil in black, deep purple or sparkly brown – depending on what the intensity is that you’re looking for. And I mean RIGHT IN the lash line in-between your lashes with no gaps. Feel free to scribble – its not important at this stage to keep things neat.
2. Using a cotton bud, smudge the liner to break down the wax of the crayon and get a looser and softer edge
3. Now, and this is critical, dip a small brush into a corresponding powder (i.e. black for black liner, brown for brown... you get the picture) and continue to scribble into the smudged area setting the greasy wax pencil... It is essential that you do this to prevent your eyes from sliding down to your chin. Tap off residual powder and work with TINY amounts to blend and set the crayon – work from the inner corners blending outwards and remember a little goes a long way. Blend the outer edges and top line away into nothing... Remember, this takes elbow grease and practice. The make up is just the tool... You have to do the work
4. Clean up any fallout below your eyes and add concealer if necessary
5. Finish by curling lashes and applying as much mascara as you can possibly manage!
Voila
And
You can also go over here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ-dczsh03M... To see my brand boyfriend James Kaliardos show you his way, in a video, in his soothing dulcet tones! (his technique is totally different – but listen to him say BLEND!)
Idle Talk: