The Art of Fashion

Self Indulgent Man-Crush Post of the Year
So this is my one self-indulgent post for the year. (Well, maybe not the only one, but whatevs. Hush.)
I have always believed that style is about charm, good manners, impeccable clothing that speaks to your personality, intelligence, social consciousness, compassion and the classic twinkle in the eye. You simply can't have style without the funny. My fantasy book club entrance criteria start with being a good laugh, include loving fashion and require niceness, manners and empathy — so far only Dannii Minogue, Victoria Beckham and Alexa Chung have made it in.
So what of my men? The few that have turned my head this year can't join the blog book club of course, but do deserve a shout out. So for their humour, twinkle, smarts and conscience, my four picks for 2010 are:
1. George Clooney. Well, obvs. He is The Clooney. He invented this category. He is everything in one. I will heart him forever.
2. Pacey Witter. Aka Joshua Jackson. Consort to Diane Kruger. Deliciousness. A junior Clooney. One day he will grown up to be the next Clooney, but will have the last laugh. You can't really argue with that.
3. Kanye West. Hilarious. Freaking hilarious. And talented. And loves fashion. He is not as great as he thinks he is but he is much, much funnier. I love him.
4. Dave Duarte. Local wild card. Obviously super-smart. Knowledge is power and his has altered this blog forever. Unknowingly funny.
So that's it. Benicio del Toro had to drop off this year. As did my my music men. But probably not for long. Enjoy.
Idle Talk: