The Art of Fashion

Ladies in Black: Olivia Palermo
My favourite lady dressed in black this week was Olivia Palermo. She trotted out not one, but two magnificent black dresses. The first was by Giorgio Armani and the fringed, feathered flapper-ness of it all worked brilliantly in shades and textures of black. The jewel-toned and jewel-encrusted accessories were a triumph. Unexpected, unmatched and yet perfectly pitched. I am actually a bit in awe of this level of detail she achieves. Annoys me too that I didn't think of it first. Grrrr.
And then, if that wasn't sleek and beautiful enough, she comes back a few days later dressed in a fun, frivolous black sequin silk Marchesa mini dress with her hair hanging in lovely waves and her make up and accessories all as neutral as can be. Oh. My. Word. Seriously? How long does she take to plan all of this out? This is one of those occasions where I love and hate in equal measure. But mostly I love. Stunning, don't you think?
PS: Those second shoes are Valentino and from last season. I love that she still loves and wears them. Go Livvie.
Idle Talk: