The Art of Fashion

Ladies in Black: Meryl Streep and her Daughters
It was the premier of The Iron Lady on Tuesday night. And master-actress Meryl Streep was dressed almost appropriately in a lovely light Conservative blue blouse (Mrs Thatcher would most certainly approve) — paired with a black skirt. It was by Stella McCartney. She made it a family affair as she posed with her husband Don Gummer and all the sisters-Gummer (Mamie, Grace and Louisa). Who looked wonderful all in their tight black skirt, leather zip-away and tuxedo. I love my sister dearly, but I have to say, I wouldn't mind being a Gummer-sister for a day... instead of a Cooke-sister. (A joke just for the South Africans. You know what I mean.) You may recognise Mamie of course from the brilliant TV series The Good Wife, in which she plays the faux innocent opponent in court of our Julianna Margulies.
By the by, the film co-stars South African actor Richard E Grant. And by South African, I mean born in Swaziland and educated at the University of Cape Town. The only place that counts, really. Boom.
Idle Talk: