The Art of Fashion

It Girl Friday: Carey Mulligan Covers UK Elle January 2011
On this blog we have had our eye on 25-year old actress, Carey Mulligan's style for a while and we often feature how she is wearing the latest designers. Maybe I need to explain to some of you why she has piqued such interest.
1. She is not afraid to experiment with edgier designers and unknowns;
2. She has an unrelenting idea of what her fashion boundaries are within this — which is extraordinary for someone so young;
3. She always conducts herself with dignity, while being quirky and interesting, not dull;
4. She is a jolly fine actress and, as I have said before, real talent is always stylish;
5. And she says things that just make me want to invite her to book club, like: 
"I've never felt like a sexy person… I’ve always felt like a sensible person. I’ve always felt absurd wearing anything revealing. Having Botox? So I can’t move my face? Isn't that the antithesis of what I'm trying to do as an actress? Only in LA would someone try and give you Botox when you're 25 years old."
You can catch a full interview in the January issue of UK Elle (she is on the cover) and find out more about this intriguing, best-dressed actress.
Idle Talk: